A vegan Sheffield house looking for new member
Rose Common is a developing vegan housing co-operative. We currently have four members, and we live in the house we plan to buy (as it belongs to the family of one of our members). We’re looking for a fifth member to join us, and move in with us in autumn 2020.
The house is detached and set in some beautiful woods between Heeley and Meersbrook. There’s a big garden where we’re beginning to grow vegetables, and the house is looking pretty homely. We have a good sized sunny kitchen, a living room/dining room with loads of light, a garage, a greenhouse, a toolshed and outside loo, two bathrooms, five bedrooms and a spare room we plan to develop.
The house is communal, so we eat together, hang out, play games, have bonfires, and generally spend a lot of time together while also having our own independent lives.
We’ve installed a new shower, done lots of decorating, and got some good systems in place to make sure things work long term. We’re currently working on establishing Rose Common as an organisation, so we can apply for a mortgage between four or five of us. The room which is going spare is on the first floor. It’s a good size with a wooden built-in wardrobe, and it looks out over the woods.
Get in touch via email atHEELEYHOUSES8@GMAIL.COM if you:
– want to live with other people and work as a team
– can imagine committing to a housing project for 2 years
– are vegan, or are happy to be completely vegan at home
– have the time and energy to put into this project
– enjoy looking after your house and cleaning
– are sensitive to your needs, and to the needs of people around you
– due to the current gender balance, we are ideally looking for someone who identifies as male or non-binary.